- I haven't been too successful in filling my passport with stamps but I might do better with a coffee passport. The passport costs $14 and will give coffee lovers a free coffee, tea or espresso-based drink at each of the independent Ottawa coffee shops participating. The trip starts on May 1 and goes for 7 months - you can buy your passport online or in store.
- Urban Craft - Ottawa's first and only monthly craft market is back! Check out artisan food, home decor, hand made jewelery at The GCTC on May 5 between 10am and 2pm.
- Savvy Company has gone event happy in May and has several wine tastings and classes for you to eat, sip, learn and possibly buy. I have attended one of the artisan cheese classes and the local craft beer class and can't say enough good things. Use promo code 'BESAVVY' and get $10 the ticket price (for a limited time)!
- Do you like wine? Do you like to run? Then Terroir Run, a 10km jaunt through Prince Edward County's wine region, is for you! The event takes place on Sunday, May 27 but best to pay your $75 registration fee and book one of the magnificent B&B's now because it will sell out.
- Kraft Foods has a pasta architect to create best selling pasta shapes and holds patents to the pasta versions of high-rise buildings, dinosaurs and even the United States of America.
- Wolfgang Puck predicts the hotel food trends of 2013. Seasonality, spruced up simplicity.. I may start enjoying hotel food.
- 30 things every traveler should do before they're 30. I'm 31 and I haven't done a lot of these things. I have been thinking more and more about climbing Mount Kilimanjaro though..
- I have a fascination with old photographs and am loving these photos newly released from the New York City Municipal Archive. Here are the highlights.