- Celebrate Mother's Day a day early with a visit to the Locavore Artisan Food Fair on Saturday, May 12. Featuring a fantastic list of local artisan food producers treat your Mom to lunch from Stone Soup Food Works, The Flatbread Pizza Company or buy her a delicious gift from any of the other yummy vendors.
- Like Sake? You might want to check out Kampai - the largest sake festival in Canada. Taking place on May 31 in the Distillery District in Toronto, sake enthusiasts will be able to taste over 100 different sakes! Tickets are $65 until May 24.
- I'm still trying to learn all I can about my DSLR and photography (a never ending task?). This run through of photography basics explains focal length, f-stops and gives some general tips in plain, not scary language.
- Not that I drink so much that I have beer caps flying everywhere (because I have my own kegerator), but this beer cap catcher is pretty fun.
- I have to stop looking at these lists as "to-do." Out of these Five American Desserts Worth the Trip I've only had one - Key Lime Pie from Key West. It was worth the 2,855km drive from Ottawa.
- The World's Best 50 Restaurant List came out. There's upset over Canadian restaurants not placing and excuses made over a poor British showing.
- 85 Years of Airline Food. I hate airline food not just because of the taste but because I hate how everything is individually wrapped.
- Canadian Breweries Take 13 Medals at 2012 World Beer Cup. Congratulations to Amsterdam Brewing, Les Brasseurs du Nord, Central City Brewing, Brasseurs Sans Gluten, Brasseurs RJ, King Brewery, Microbrasserie Hopfenstark, Russel Brewing, Cameron's Brewing, Central City Brewing and Labatt Brewing.