- Seed to Sausage, creators of hand crafted cured meats, is opening a store! To celebrate Owner and Chief Salumi Maker, Mike McKenzie, is holding a food festival featuring his wonderful hand crafted artisan salumi and deli meats, fire roasted lamb and pork, artisan pizza, local cheese, fresh oysters, craft beer and local wine. On hand to help will be Chef Derek McGregor of Chez Noir (Kingston), Chef Stev George of Olivia (Kingston) and Chef de Cuisine Kyle Christofferson from Brookstreet (Ottawa). With so many great things happening in the same place it's worth the 130km drive from Ottawa to Sharbot Lake. For more information join the Facebook Event.
- Atelier Chef/Owner Marc Lepine travels to Toronto to create a 100 course dinner for Charlie's Burgers, a members-only dinner club. Courses I think I would find especially interesting: #36 - icewine-compressed pineapple w/ buttermilk dust, #41 - morels & beer soup, #42 - beets roasted in soil w/ barley milk ... who am I kidding, I'd love every single course.
- While I may visit a lot of breweries and drink a lot of beer, I'm don't know everything about making beer. I found this short article about Homebrew Acronyms to be helpful, especially for explaining O.G (yo!).
- Where were you on Super Moon night? I was attending the Street Food Block Party in Toronto, unfortunately my view of the moon wasn't as spectacular as these.
- Fun infographic on how mobile technology is changing world travel.
- Grant Achatz and his crew at Alinea have created Lamb 86 - an 86 component lamb dish. Does the world know that Marc Lepine and his team have already one upped them and created a 100 component salad?